navbar

Mapped @ Image Mapper

10/25/12

Kitchen Light Fixtures - Check!


It's about time I switched out the ugly, builder grade, boob lights in my kitchen. They were making me nauseous. Yuck!

I purchased this gem from Joss & Main a few weeks ago (for $54, down from $89!) and have been patiently waiting for my Dad to come into town and help me hang it. The directions were in no way helpful and I am usually pretty handy. I've hung my fair share of light fixutres...



This beauty will hang over my sink and in front of my window in the kitchen. I can't wait to see how it sparkles in the sunlight:) My newly made roman shade will really pull this little nook together, surprise!

I considered many different options for the overhead fixture. Even thought about track lights, due to their adjustable nature. I really couldn't find any in my price range that I even liked a little bit. So, I started looking for flush mounts and semi-flush mounts.

I fell in love with this one, but wasn't sold on the price...



After a quick google search, I discovered some new fixutures by Allen + Roth sold at Lowe's. AND fell in love with the price of this baby...




They will both be going up this weekend and I will be sure to post pics when they do!

Ta-Ta! 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo, very glamorous....can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your choices. I am going to go back to Lowes and pick up the bottom one for my kitchen. I think I love it. I have been going out of my mind looking for a light for my really small kitchen. That one is just the right size....YAY. You just validated my choice. I have such a hard time picking out because I have no sense of design. I know what I like when I see it, but I tend to second guess myself. Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you:)